Seva Sadan’s College of Education, Ulhasnagar, Thane, Maharashtra, founded by philanthropic Seth Parsaram Parumal Dabrai in 1966 with an aim of spreading education among people of Thane, which was an educationally backward area in the 50's. Seva Sadan's College is a pioneer college of Teacher Education which offers the B.Ed. Programme of the University of Mumbai, as an affiliated college of the University. Seva Sadan’s College of Education is the only Government aided college in Thane District, it always remains the first choice of the students. It currently runs two parallel B.Ed. streams – one in Marathi and the other in English, each with the student strength of 100. The college is recognized as a Ph.D. Research centre of the University of Mumbai. The college has study centre Y.C.M.O.U., Nasik and IGNOU, Delhi. It offers verious programmes related to Education, Library Science and M.A. (Psychology). The College runs two year D.El.Ed. programme in addition to B.Ed.
Our motto at Seva Sadan’s College of Education, is To impart Quality Teacher Education, a fact that is evident from our achievement and quality of teachers produced- the Sevasadaniates.
“Life Long Learning.”
“To impart quality teacher education and encourage life long learning among teachers.”
- To provide quality teacher education for all the aspirants, irrespective of caste, creed and language.
- To promote meta learning.
- To extend the pedagogical knowledge to the society.
- To promote research in the field of teacher education.
- To develop positive attitude towards the teaching profession.
- To develop personal, professional and social competencies required in teachers.
- To develop understanding about the role of school and teacher as agents of social change, national integration and scientific temper.
- To inculcate the values of life among the teachers.
- To create awareness of current issues in education.
NAAC Accredited - 'A+', NAAC Re-Accredited - 'A'
College Status :- Minority (Sindhi Linguistic)
- B.Ed. (Aided)
- M.Ed. (Un-Aided)
- D.El.Ed. (D.Ed.) (Un-Aided)
- Ph.D. (Education)
- B.Ed. (Aided - 100)
- M.Ed. – 50
- D.El.Ed. (D.Ed.) – 40
- Ph.D. (Education) – 32
- NCTE (Old) Order No. -WRC/5-6/20/2000/748, Date:05/10/2000
- NCTE (Revised) Order No. – WRC/OAPW0599/113114/2015/145783 Date:- 31/05/2015
- Govt. Order No. -Ubf/1082/7890/Vishi-2, Date-6-2-1984
- University Affiliation- Aff./Recog./801 of 1985, Date-18-01-1985
- NCTE Order No. WRC/APP1645/218th /2015/132433 Date:- 03/03/2015
- Govt. Order No. M.Ed.-4715/Pra.Kra.72/15/Mashi.-2 Date:- 12/08/2015
- University Affiliation No. – PG/2/ICD/2015-16/1110 Date:- 25/08/2015
- NCTE Order No. WRC/5-6/2k/11575 Date:- 18/12/2000
- Govt. Order No. Praavi/Praveshkhamata/2000-2001/34-T Date:- 05/01/2001
- University Affiliation No :- Th/1665 of 1984 Date:- 16/03/1984